In 1982, “Hospice of Williamsburg” was founded as a nonprofit charitable organization of compassionate citizens and generous professional volunteers to enhance the quality of living for individuals facing the last phases of life and to support the people they love. Today, we offer our services to individuals in the Historic Triangle and throughout the tidewater area.
Staff and volunteers work in close cooperation with local healthcare providers to assure patients and families receive needed services. These services are not restricted by age, treatment the patient is receiving, length of service, or family finances.
In July 2002, the 4-bed Hospice House opened its doors, created as a “home away from home” to provide short-term residential care for end of life support. Hospice House was built following a community-wide capital campaign that raised more than $1 million and garnered commitments of significant in-kind support from area contractors and suppliers.
Over the past 39 years of service, we have served thousands of people through end of life, and we have supported countless people through grief and bereavement. Hospice House is a member of the Omega Home Network and the Hospice Foundation of America.
All services are free of charge thanks to the philanthropic support of individuals, businesses, municipalities, civic groups, religious organizations, and charitable foundations.
We give care, comfort, and compassion through and beyond end of life.
Our Core Values
- Provide world-class service
- Respect and honor differences
- Value all people
- Cultivate strong relationships and partnerships
Hospice House of Williamsburg
4445 Powhatan Parkway
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Main Line: (757) 253-1220