Hospice House & Support Care offers programs to provide respite for the caregiver; that is, to provide trained volunteers to be with your loved one while you run errands, attend to appointments or do something that you enjoy so that you may return to your caregiving duties rejuvenated.
Volunteers are matched to each patient by the Programs Director and provide non-medical and supportive care up to 12 hours per week based on need. Medical care continues to be coordinated by the medical agency hospice nurse and personal physician.
Services provided in the patients’ home include:
- Care Assessment – Programs Director
- Respite for caregivers – A trained volunteer will stay with the patient to give the caregiver time out
- Equipment and supplies – Various sick room supplies and equipment are available for loan
- Caregiver support/guidance – Nurse Consultant
- Spiritual care and support – Chaplain
- Library– Educational, supportive and inspirational literature and books
Open to individuals living with a life threatening illness in Williamsburg, James City or Upper York County area.
There is no charge for services of Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg.