Grieving is a process that requires much more time than our culture typically acknowledges or allows. Support during time of bereavement can help bring healing, renewal and hope for the future. Staff at Hospice House & Support Care maintain contact with bereaved families following the death of a loved one to offer comfort, support, referrals and services as needed.
Bereavement Support is open to all in the community regardless of their previous connection to Hospice House & Support Care.
There are no charges for services of Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg.
Hospice House & Support Care offers a confidential 1-1 with the chaplain to help match your needs with the most appropriate resource. To meet with Chaplain Hannah Creager call 757-206-1177 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When grief touches your workplace, school, or organization Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg can provide on-site bereavement support and education. Call 757-253-1220 for more information.
For more information contact Chaplain Hannah Creager at 757-206-1177 or email: email@example.com.
Call 757-206-1177 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workshops offered three times per year: winter, spring and fall at Hospice House
- Commitment of 6 Sessions meeting every other week
- Facilitated by Chaplain Hannah Creager
- Registration required. Call Chaplain Hannah Creager at 757-206-1177 or email: email@example.com.
Peer-Run Support Groups
- Meets 2nd Monday of the month from 7 pm-8:30 pm at Hospice House.
- Contact Chaplain Hannah Creager at 757-206-1177 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving ourselves permission to grieve.
- Staying connected with supportive people.
- Learning acceptance with Grace/Truth/Time.
- Easing ourselves back into reality.
- Sharing our experiences and helping others on the recovery road.
- Meets 1st Thursday of the month from 7 pm-8:30 pm at Hospice House.
- Contact Charlotte Moyler at 757-903-1641 or email: email@example.com.
- Candlelight Memorial Service – This is a nondenominational candlelight memorial service is offered each November to remember anyone who has passed away in the Williamsburg community as well as those who have passed away at Hospice House in the last year.
- A “Celebration of Life” – This is service is held early in May on the patio at Hospice House. This service is to remember all those who have passed away at Hospice House in the last year as well as those whose loved ones have donated memorial bricks for our back patio.
*Both services are facilitated by the Hospice House Chaplain.
For a comprehensive and printer-friendly list of our bereavement services, click the link below: