JOB TITLE: Programs Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
TO APPLY: Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Develops and implements direct care training programs that assist individuals and organizations in meeting the needs of terminally ill patients and their families. Collaborates with community organizations, as appropriate, to offer innovative programs and support services for individuals experiencing terminal illness or in need of end of life services. Serves as an advocate in the community for HHSCW programs and services. Oversees the Patient Volunteer Program and the administration of support services offered to home patients and their families. Assists the Chaplaincy Director with bereavement support services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops innovative hospice, palliative care and bereavement programs, services and training for the community in collaboration with other organizations and for patients and families receiving services from HHSCW.
- Oversees Patient Volunteer program to provide direct patient/family services programs at Hospice House and in the community.
- Serves as co-facilitator of HHSCW hospice related community programs such as the Final Gifts Program.
- Serves as an advocate for HHSCW programs and services by giving presentations at various community events and venues, seeking partnerships with other organization and presenting training programs in the community.
- Proactively seeks referrals for home patient/family supportive care services. Makes assessment/admission visits to referrals and formulates a plan for volunteer support for each patient/family.
- Provides ongoing home patient case coordination as needed.
- Coordinates communication among the care team members of home patients and responds to changing patient/family needs accordingly.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Director to plan and schedule patient volunteer support for hospice guests and their families during their stay at Hospice House.
- Works closely with Chaplaincy Director to identify home patient families who need bereavement services.
- Co-facilitates bereavement support groups with the Chaplaincy Director.
- Supervises a team of approximately 70 patient/family volunteers to include recruitment, interviewing, training and administrative tasks such as scheduling and recording of hours.
- Plans and leads patient volunteer training courses and conducts regular in-service and educational meetings for Patient Volunteers.
- Provides reports to the Executive Director regarding home patient referrals, patient volunteers hours and activities.
- Plans and participates in volunteer appreciation events and also participates and assists other HHSCW staff as needed in planning events and programs.
- Serves as a member of HHSCW management team.
- This is an exempt 32 hour per week position with a regular schedule of Monday- Friday. Occasional weekend and evening work is expected to support HHSCW programs and events.
- Undergraduate college degree required, human services degree preferred.
- Experience working in the field of hospice or palliative care and/or geriatrics. Has a familiarity with the hospice philosophy and practice and is able to communicate these principles and educate others about end of life options and hospice services.
- Experience with management, supervision and training of volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizations skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Program development, grant writing and Microsoft Word and Excel skills preferred.