Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg Business Manager
JOB TITLE: Business Manager
REPORTS TO: Advancement Director
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Maintains financial records, prepares annual budget and monthly financial reports.
Oversees yearly audit process. Assists with office and house administrative duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Forecast annual budgets
- Prepare Dept. Agriculture Form 102, Mass Mutual Retirement Census 5500 Report, VEC Audit
- Provide financial data for grant applications
- Process bi-weekly payroll, Hartford Life Retirement 403b/company matching
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis
- Reconcile bank accts/endowment account
- Manage and reconcile in-house, online deposits, and pledges
- Accounts payable/Petty Cash
- Manage and report special events income and expenses
- Manage Blackbaud ecommerce site and integration with HH website online donation page
- Prepare all and review audit documents
- Properly maintain deposit records to ensure a successful audit
- Ensure donor and financial records are kept confidential
- Worker’s Comp/Liability/Dental Insurance review
- Manages business contracts and office supplies
- This is an exempt 40 hour per week position with a regular schedule of Monday- Friday. Occasional weekend and evening work is expected to support HHSCW programs and events.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience require
- Excellent organizations skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
HOSPICE HOUSE & SUPPORT CARE OF WILLIAMSBURG COMPANION
JOB TITLE: HOSPICE HOUSE COMPANION
REPORTS TO: Clinical Services Director
Provides direct care to patients served by Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg and helps maintain the therapeutic environment within guest quarters of the Hospice House. Work site is at Hospice House, a non-medical residential center providing supportive care to hospice and respite patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL). These include meal preparation, bathing and toileting and assistance in taking medication. May also include lifting, repositioning, feeding and personal hygiene, as patient’s status/condition dictates.
- Documents services to patients. Maintains privacy and confidential nature of all documentation and other communications concerning care and condition of the patient.
- Launders patient’s linens and personal laundry, according to infection control procedures.
- Performs assigned housekeeping duties to maintain cleanliness of guest quarters according to infection control procedures and other housekeeping duties throughout Hospice House as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures governing safety at Hospice House and participates in activities to maintain a safe environment, to respond to emergencies and report incidents.
- Reports any needs, problems or complaints to the Hospice House Director of Clinical Services.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Open toward hospice philosophy and comfortable working with individuals who are dying. Able to provide the physical care, including activities described above, as needed by an individual who is bed bound and unable to assist in his or her own care. Able to assist and empathize with family members of others who bear primary responsibility for the Patient’s care. Able to work a flexible schedule. Experience as a nurse’s aide or in providing companion or nursing care at home is essential. Successful completion of Hospice House & Support Care education for medication administration and post-employment offer criminal background check and drug test.