JOB TITLE: Advancement Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
To apply send Cover Letter and Resume to Audrey Smith, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary responsibility is to create and implement an advancement strategy to increase revenue and awareness of Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secure private and public support that will ensure funding for Hospice House programs and services.
- Build and steward relationships with potential and current donors including corporate, individual, foundation and government funders.
- Write grants for public and private foundation/agency support.
- Work to ensure that gifts are used according to donor intent.
- Generate reports, manage and analyze relevant data regarding donors, gifts and giving trends.
- Oversee event fundraising, planning and volunteers.
Communications & Marketing
- Conduct strategic programs designed to engender understanding and support among key publics for the institution and its goals.
- Coordinate and implement media communications, including press releases and photos.
- Regularly communicate through social media and manage website updates.
- Speak to local groups as requested and offer tours of the facility and grounds; coordinate speakers as appropriate.
- Editor for two annual newsletters and two annual appeal letters.
- Produce other brochures and materials as needed.
- Supervises part-time donor acknowledgements staff and communications contractor.
- This is an exempt 40 hour per week position with a regular schedule of Monday- Friday. Occasional weekend and evening work is expected to support HHSCW programs and events.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development, communications and volunteer relations
- Proficient with donor management software, Word, Excel and Social Media
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Detail oriented
HOSPICE HOUSE & SUPPORT CARE OF WILLIAMSBURG COMPANION
JOB TITLE: HOSPICE HOUSE COMPANION
REPORTS TO: Clinical Services Director
Provides direct care to patients served by Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg and helps maintain the therapeutic environment within guest quarters of the Hospice House. Work site is at Hospice House, a non-medical residential center providing supportive care to hospice and respite patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL). These include meal preparation, bathing and toileting and assistance in taking medication. May also include lifting, repositioning, feeding and personal hygiene, as patient’s status/condition dictates.
- Documents services to patients. Maintains privacy and confidential nature of all documentation and other communications concerning care and condition of the patient.
- Launders patient’s linens and personal laundry, according to infection control procedures.
- Performs assigned housekeeping duties to maintain cleanliness of guest quarters according to infection control procedures and other housekeeping duties throughout Hospice House as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures governing safety at Hospice House and participates in activities to maintain a safe environment, to respond to emergencies and report incidents.
- Reports any needs, problems or complaints to the Hospice House Director of Clinical Services.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Open toward hospice philosophy and comfortable working with individuals who are dying. Able to provide the physical care, including activities described above, as needed by an individual who is bed bound and unable to assist in his or her own care. Able to assist and empathize with family members of others who bear primary responsibility for the Patient’s care. Able to work a flexible schedule. Experience as a nurse’s aide or in providing companion or nursing care at home is essential. Successful completion of Hospice House & Support Care education for medication administration and post-employment offer criminal background check and drug test.