HOSPICE HOUSE & SUPPORT CARE OF WILLIAMSBURG ADVANCEMENT DIRECTOR
JOB TITLE: Advancement Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
To apply send Cover Letter and Resume to Audrey Smith, Executive Director email@example.com
Primary responsibility is to create and implement an advancement strategy to increase revenue and awareness of Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg in the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secure private and public support that will ensure funding for Hospice House programs and services.
- Build and steward relationships with potential and current donors including corporate, individual, foundation and government funders.
- Write grants for public and private foundation/agency support.
- Work to ensure that gifts are used according to donor intent.
- Generate reports, manage and analyze relevant data regarding donors, gifts and giving trends.
- Oversee event fundraising, planning and volunteers.
Communications & Marketing
- Conduct strategic programs designed to engender understanding and support among key publics for the institution and its goals.
- Coordinate and implement media communications.
- Regularly communicate through social media and manage website updates.
- Editor for annual newsletter and annual appeal letters.
- Produce other brochures and printed materials as needed.
- Supervises volunteers as needed.
- This is an exempt 40 hour per week position with a regular schedule of Monday- Friday. Occasional weekend and evening work is expected to support HHSCW programs and events.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development, communications and volunteer relations
- Proficient with donor management software, Word, Excel and Social Media
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented
HOSPICE HOUSE & SUPPORT CARE OF WILLIAMSBURG CLINICAL PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
JOB TITLE: Clinical Program Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Clinical Program Supervisor oversees the home patient volunteer program including referrals, admissions, assessment visits and volunteer assignments. Supervises volunteers with home patients and those working with patients and families at Hospice House. On ocassion, provides direct patient care services to in-house guests and supportive care to the guests’ families. Acts in a supervisory capacity of the clinical program, staff and volunteers in the absence of the Clinical Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Clinical Director, receives and evaluates all home patient referrals for
- Schedules volunteers for in-house activities and volunteers in private homes in the community program.
- Monitors and supervises the home patient program with monthly client visits to continually assess needs
- In the absence of the Clinical Director, updates and communicates with On-Call RN’s to ensure
continuity of patient care and smooth running operations of the clinical program.
- Assists in receiving and evaluating all referrals to HHSCW, primarily the home patient program.
- On occasion, meets with patient and family prior to admission to explain services. Meetings can occur
at HHSCW, patient’s home, hospital or LTCF.
- Completes all admission paperwork as needed.
- Assists in coordinating admissions to HHSCW with discharge planners and medical hospice agencies.
- Assist with maintaining and updating all information for referrals, admissions, deaths and discharges.
- Reviews and monitors care plan for each home patient.
- Visits with potential and current home patients in their homes to assess appropriateness of the person for
HHSCW home patient program and to ensure continued monitoring of current home patients and home
- In the absence of the Clinical Director, pronounces deaths and handles all associated logistics (only if
- In the absence of the Clinical Director, monitors Companions, on-call RN and patient volunteer
schedules, and assists with finding replacements or filling in when scheduled staff and volunteers cannot
cover their shifts.
- Attends HHSCW staff meetings and events as requested.
This is a part-time hourly position with a varying schedule. A minimum regular monthly
schedule will be established. Occasional and pre-scheduled extended clinical program coverage of several days (up to a week) 2-3 times per year is also expected. Any off-site travel will require use of personal vehicle.
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in Virginia with hospice experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the care of chronically or terminally ill patients, working with individuals
who are dying and familiarity with hospice philosophy and practice.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Have a valid Virginia driver’s license and willingness to use personal car.
- Proficient with Word and Excel computer programs.
HOSPICE HOUSE & SUPPORT CARE OF WILLIAMSBURG COMPANION
JOB TITLE: HOSPICE HOUSE COMPANION
REPORTS TO: Clinical Services Director
Provides direct care to patients served by Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg and helps maintain the therapeutic environment within guest quarters of the Hospice House. Work site is at Hospice House, a non-medical residential center providing supportive care to hospice and respite patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL). These include meal preparation, bathing and toileting and assistance in taking medication. May also include lifting, repositioning, feeding and personal hygiene, as patient’s status/condition dictates.
- Documents services to patients. Maintains privacy and confidential nature of all documentation and other communications concerning care and condition of the patient.
- Launders patient’s linens and personal laundry, according to infection control procedures.
- Performs assigned housekeeping duties to maintain cleanliness of guest quarters according to infection control procedures and other housekeeping duties throughout Hospice House as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures governing safety at Hospice House and participates in activities to maintain a safe environment, to respond to emergencies and report incidents.
- Reports any needs, problems or complaints to the Hospice House Director of Clinical Services.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Open toward hospice philosophy and comfortable working with individuals who are dying. Able to provide the physical care, including activities described above, as needed by an individual who is bed bound and unable to assist in his or her own care. Able to assist and empathize with family members of others who bear primary responsibility for the Patient’s care. Able to work a flexible schedule. Experience as a nurse’s aide or in providing companion or nursing care at home is essential. Successful completion of Hospice House & Support Care education for medication administration and post-employment offer criminal background check and drug test.